Solutions for Power
Water used in power generation processes builds up total dissolved solids (TDS), dissolved metals, silica, and calcium- and magnesium-sulphate salts that can cause scaling and corrosion of process equipment and increase water consumption. This translates into higher operating costs for equipment maintenance, chemical anti-scalants, and make-up water consumption.
- Cooling tower blow-down water
- Cooling tower make-up water
- Gas scrubbing circuit water (FGD blowdown)
- Ash pond water
BioteQ can provide a proven water treatment solution, tailored to meet the unique requirements of the site. We are specialists in plant design, construction, and operations to:
We can help customers to:
- Comply with discharge requirements
- Reduce the size, capital, and operating cost of Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) systems
- Recycle and conserve water
- Comply with regulations to allow for discharge to environment
- Prevent scaling and corrosion and reduce maintenance costs of process equipment
- Reduce the facility’s carbon footprint and improve energy efficiency
- Reduce the life cycle costs for water treatment
BioteQ applies proven solutions and water treatment expertise that deliver reliable and consistent operations, and we provide a process guarantee that our plants perform to design specifications.
In addition to our in-house experts, we have strategic alliances with industry leaders in the power generation sector. Together, we have the knowledge and experience to provide cost-effective water treatment solutions for the power industry.